Piloted by its Oxford-educated host Spencer Klavan, Young Heretics explores the concepts of truth, beauty, and everything that makes Western culture great in the face of an increasingly hostile academia, media, and culture through which liberals guard the great works of the West behind lock and key to “protect” the next generation from the supposed racism, sexism, and homophobia of those that came before.
Young Heretics, in direct contrast to this, provides an open forum for exploring, understanding, and enjoying the great works of Western literature.
Subscribe at youngheretics.com to make sure you never miss an episode.
With a PhD in Classics, Spencer Klavan is the assistant editor of The Claremont Review of Books and The American Mind at the Claremont Institute.
Klavan’s literary expertise is aided by his knowledge of many languages, including Ancient Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. As a scholar who enjoys exploring how great works of literature provide valuable insights into today’s world, Klavan hosts this podcast every Tuesday.
Borrowed from the famous Dave Rubin with appreciation:
You can post whatever you’d like here as long as it’s legal by United States law. With that in mind though, we want to build a truly impactful community, so we have a simple few guidelines.
- Try to keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks.
- Don’t endlessly blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be. Be better than the trolls.
- We strongly encourage real names associated with the accounts. Let’s build a real community of real people here.
- Don’t post pornography, graphic images or anything like that. We’ll use the “I’ll know it when I see it” policy.
- If you are here just to wreck the place or bring chaos, we’ll delete your account. We are trying to clean up the conversation. You’ll get a warning or two but that’s it.
- We don’t stand by or endorse everything said here.
- Post things that aren’t purely political! Food, family, sports. Let’s make this a real community outside of the political minutia.
- Bring your new ideas to the table. Don’t just respond to our posts, post some of your own thoughts and ideas, too!
- Know our system isn’t perfect and isn’t for everyone, and that we’ll evolve with you.
- Most importantly, have fun.
Release for your submitted content
By submitting your video or other content to Soundfront (including Soundfront’s affiliates and their respective licensees, all collectively referred to as “we” or “us”) in consideration for our possible use of it, you: (A) grant us the irrevocable, unrestricted, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use such content (or not use it, as we see fit), in whole or in part, with or without modifications, in any and all media now or hereafter known, for trade and any other purposes, with or without your opportunity to review or comment, and for us to permit others to make such uses, in any manner(s) from time to time in our sole discretion, including as such uses might bear or contain your name, voice, image, likeness, and/or your other identifiable representation or characteristics; (B) confirm that (i) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age; (ii) our use of your submitted content will not infringe or violate any rights of or defame any person or entity, and (iii) you have all necessary rights and permissions to grant the foregoing rights to us. You waive all claims against us for any such uses of your submitted content, and you will indemnify us and hold us harmless (including for our reasonable attorney’s fees incurred) for and from any claims asserted that are inconsistent with your grant of rights and confirmations set forth above. You have read carefully and understood fully the foregoing provisions of this Release for Submitted Content, and you have asked us any questions you had about it prior to submitting your content to us.